Friday, October 14, 2011

The Arcade






The arcade is nearing completion. I have here several photos that show my overall progress so far. I created a cardboard "shell" of the tv to measure how well it'd fit in the arcade, as the tv is downstairs and weighs about 100lbs. Also keep in mind the layout for the joysticks have not been cut out yet, I plan on doing that asap. The bottom door has also not been cut out, and the perferated metal that will hold the speakers has not been installed. Aside from that and some paint it's finished. It will be able to play playstation 3, playstation 2, and a mame arcade pc. I plan on creating another drop-down door for the pc to enable keyboard and mouse support.

I will also be putting the playstation move on this bamf using the gun controller and some old fashioned rail-shooters like time crisis. There will also be a kick-plate (and hopefully a footrest) and some barstools for anyone who wants to just chill on it.

As it plays ps3 wireless controllers for players 3 and 4 will also work and to enable 4 player co-op mame style I have an xbox 360 pc adapter for the controllers so that players 3 and 4 could play games like dungeons & dragons shadow over mystara over the mame computer.

The cabinet itself is 36 inches by 38 inches, making it a freaking beast and it cannot fit through any of the doors to the house so I am currently working on a solution to cut the bad boy down to size. Any suggestions welcome.

It's name is Retro.

No comments:

Post a Comment