Monday, August 1, 2011

Arcade Machine

I'm actually building an old-school arcade, did I mention that earlier in my posts? No? Well I don't see why not, it's the biggest project I'm currently working on. Anyway, its a big ol' MAME cabinet and it's not quite finished. I'll be updating this little post every time I change something or buy more materials.

What I have so far:

TV $25
Computer running XP $25
Speakers with (wired) remote control $20
MDF sheets $32.28 (x3)
Particle Board (Free)
2x4 (8 ft) $2.21 (x3)
USB Arcade Stick $39 (x2)
Cam Lock $6.57
Hinges $2.77
TOTAL: $260.81

What I still need:
Metal hole mesh (for speakers)
Coin Door (Decided on fake door)
Power Strip (Remote controlled)
Marquee
Light (for behind marquee) (Decided against the light, too much energy wasted)
Fan & Vents (To ensure it doesn't overheat) (just going to drill holes in the back and top instead)

What needs to be done:
Sanding
Painting
Insert TV
Insert Controllers

No comments:

Post a Comment